The 462 Halsey Community Garden is a collaborative effort by community residents
to create a green space in Bedford Stuyvesant that is dedicated to serving the
community in areas that include education, agriculture, healthy living, community pride and community ownership.
Our goals are:
● To grow food and forge new community bonds and relationships through mutual hard work
● To offer neighborhood youth a place to develop and grow through handson learning and involvement
● To share knowledge on healthy and sustainable living for all residents and to foster a cooperative
● To encourage food, social and environmental justice through practice, awareness and advocacy
● To increase access to locally grown food
462 Halsey is in USDA Plant Hardiness Zone 7B. We use recycled materials whenever possible and we constantly strive to minimize our environmental impact via rainwater collection, composting, and more. We adhere to organic growing practices; we do not apply chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers anywhere in the garden, or use chemically treated wood for garden beds.
462 HCG will be open to members all year round and to the general public from April 1st to October 31st (unless otherwise specified for events). Hours are as follows:
Monday thru Saturday 8am-8pm