How do I join the garden?
Attend our informational meeting at the Macon Library (January 22nd, 6pm) to learn more about the garden and get answers to any questions you have.
Beginning February 1, 2013 at noon (10am for returning members) send an email to email@example.com with your name, contact info, and which size plot you prefer (plot sizes listed below). Emails received before the designated time will NOT be considered valid.
Plots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Returning members may request the plot they previous tended or be added to the pool for assignment to a new plot. Once all plots have been assigned, a waiting list will be drawn up. Anyone on the waiting list who volunteers their time with us will be given priority if/when a plot is available.
How much does it cost?
We have 15 small plots and 15 larger plots. Small Plots (4’ x 4’) are $20 annually and Large Plots (4’ x 8’) are $30 annually. Basic Membership (which includes voting rights) is $10 annually. Plot prices include basic membership for one member tending the plot. All additional adults must become members of the garden to tend a shared plot. For example: two adults looking to share a small plot would pay $20 for the plot plus an additional $10 for the second person.
What does garden membership include?
Membership runs from February 1st to December 31 each year and includes:
- Keys to front gate and all other locked structures within the garden.
- Option to cultivate an assigned plot within the garden (depending on availability).
- Lending library of resources and books.
- Access to communal tools (to be used on site).
- Ability to vote on all matters put forth to the general membership.
What do I need to do as a garden member?
- Agree to the Bylaws & Garden Use Guidelines.
- Complete a garden membership agreement.
- Join our Google group, where we discuss issues and make decisions for the garden.
- Attend a minimum of 3 out of 6 meetings annually.
- Pay membership fees and provide contact info.
- Volunteer a minimum of 2 hours monthly to garden service.